Meeting Tomorrow...

Dale Trexel trex0003 at UMN.EDU
Mon Aug 14 23:21:35 EDT 2006

I should be able to make this meeting, though only for the first half
hour or so...so please show up on time!  :)

I'd also like to take this opportunity while I have your attention to
point you to the project that I have been working on since spring. It's
a MapServer application to view/explore land use and planning data for
the 7-county metro area, using MetCouncil data, with the ability to
include MN DNR and TerraServer imagery as a backdrop. Much of my time
has been spent on replacing the web form-based controls of my first CGI
MapServer project with JavaScript controls that are hopefully more
intuitive for novice users. I also happen to think it looks rather
slick, if I don't say so myself!

So please have a look before Tuesday's meeting. I'd love to hear
feedback, though of course what I'd love to hear most of all is that
it's perfect just the way it is and needs no more improvements.

    http://maps.socsci.umn.edu/~trex0003/

There are two main things I have yet to add to this. One is the map
query feature, and another is to link each layer to metadata for more
information.

See you tomorrow!

-Dale Trexel