[TCMUG] Upcoming Meetings

Perry Nacionales pnaciona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:29:49 EDT 2009

Excellent!  Thanks for lining up the speakers/hosts for the next couple of
months, Brian.  It's great to hear that we're getting more people to come
and participate in TCMUG gatherings.

So, switching gears for a bit, May is just around the corner and it's best
to plan for our gathering now rather than later.  In the past we've either
barbecued or gone to Sea Salt restaurant in Minnehaha Park for our social
event.  I like that idea--if you don't have time to prepare/buy something to
cook, you can always buy something at the restaurant.  Regardless, you can
come and eat, drink, chat, talk about MN GIS/LIS, and get to know more of
the TCMUG crowd.

The question is, what's the best date and time to do it?  I'd say we should
do it sometime in the second week of May (11-15).  Let's hear from everyone
what date works best for them.  The best days for me would be Wednesday, the
13th, or Friday, the 15th.  I assume we want to do this after work, so maybe
start around 5:30PM?

I usually coach a high school Ultimate team on Mondays and Tuesdays, and we
have games on Thursdays.  I can still participate if it's on a Monday or a
Tuesday but I will be late.

What do you guys think?  Also, it doesn't have to be in Minnehaha Falls
Park.  If you have other ideas, bring them out now.

-Perry