[Tilecache] Google Maps with Tilecache

Graham Davis gdavis at refractions.net
Mon Mar 19 13:32:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm looking into using Tilecache to manage my own Google Maps overlay
layer (using the Google Maps API client and not Openlayers).  The little
information I've found online about this is that I might be able to do a
TMS request to Tilecache if I can invert Google's Y index value (since
Google maps has an origin of the top left instead of the TMS bottom left
origin).  However, I haven't been able to figure out how I can find the
Google Maps "maxYTiles" value for a given zoom level within their API
(as you describe doing here for Openlayers:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Nasa-WMS-Tile-server--p7896862.html).

Basically my question is, do you know if I can use Tilecache to serve my
own custom layers for Google maps, and do you know of anyone or any
project that has done this already?  Do you have any examples or
suggestions on using either a TMS or WMS request from Google Maps API to
Tilecache?  Any insights would be appreciated.  Thanks,

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.
gdavis at refractions.net