[Tilecache] Call TileCache from MapServer

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 10 12:16:19 EDT 2007

* On 10-Oct-2007 at  8:59AM PDT, Christopher Helm said:

> Again, this layer works fine in Openlayers, I'm looking to call
> TileCache as a WMS from within Mapserver.

TileCache isn't exactly a WMS proxy. It implements a WMS-C client and
server. WMS-C clients can make requests from WMS servers
transparently, but WMS clients must take care to align requests to the
layer's tile grid when requesting from a WMS-C server (like
TileCache). Are you requesting gridded tiles from MapServer?

It would actually be a pretty useful feature to have TileCache seam
together tiles as a configuration option and deliver them via regular
WMS, but I'm pretty sure someone would need to submit a patch.

SDE