[Tilecache] mod_python hick ups

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Dec 3 10:56:17 EST 2008

Hi All,

On my mod_python/win Server 2003 installation, I've seen pink tiles on a
couple of occasions without any related message in Apache's error log
file.  When I first started playing with mod_python and I got pink
tiles, there was a clear reason in the error log : either the
interpreter could not be loaded or TileCache.Service couldn't be
resolved.  Now I get the usual

[Tue Dec 02 21:15:32 2008] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session
mutexes based on 0 max processes and 250 max threads.

So why do I occasionally get a complete coverage of pink tiles although
mod_python is working correclty?  It's as though there is a timeout or
something.  Restarting Apache does the trick but I don't know why I
should restart it since mod_python is working.  Any similar
experiences ?

Cheers,

Yves Moisan