[Tilecache] transparent layer problem

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jan 16 07:24:32 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 03:57:00AM -0800, R. Ortner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after a few problems I have a working Tilecache. Problem is, when I try to
> set one of my 2 Layers transparent I get this error:
> bounds has no properties; return
> zoom;},zoomTo:function(zoom){if(this.isValidZoomLevel(zoom)){this.setCent...

You must have a base layer. Having no base layer causes OpenLayers to
break. If you want both of your layers transparent, set transparent:
'true' on both, then set the 'isBaseLayer' *option* (not parameter!) to
true.

However, note that changing the 'transparent: true' on the clientside
doesn't affect TileCache at all -- it uses the tiles it gets either way.
You'll want to modify your layer config in TileCache to request
transparent tiles, or your mapfile to deliver them by default.