[Tilecache] BBox and MaxExtent

Gissur Þórhallsson gissur at loftmyndir.is
Wed Jan 23 11:54:11 EST 2008

Hello guys

I've got a WMS serving aerial photos of a large area (entire country roughly 100.000 m^2).

At the moment I'm also tilecaching that entire area.

The problem I'm facing is that I have various openlayer clients running which I intend only to access certain areas (various municipalities and whatnot)

The obvious way to go for me, would be to set a maxExtent on the OL client that encompasses the area that that particular client is allowed to view, while having a Bbox on the tilecache side which encompasses the whole of the country (since some clients DO have access to the whole country).

But when I try this I usually get an error something akin to:

An error occurred: Current x value 352362.838880 is too far from tile corner x 351793.545360

Is there no way to accomplish this? Could I specify a maxExtent that aligned with the tilecache grid, while still being a subset of the whole?

Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree here?

Kind regards,

Gissur

Checked by AVG Free Edition.