[Tilecache] BBox and MaxExtent

Chris Whitney chris.whitney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:37:10 EST 2008

"Could I specify a maxExtent that aligned with the tilecache grid,
while still being a subset of the whole?"

	That would be the general idea-- each of the client maxExtents should
be on the grid.  So, use the max extents and the desired resolution
from the TileCache configuration to determine the total image size in
pixels for that zoom level.  Dividing that image size into a 256 pixel
grid should make it obvious how to calculate the max extent for any
group of tiles at that zoom level.  (If different clients start at
different zoom levels, then you have to repeat the process with the
TileCache max extents and desired resolution.)

-- Chris Whitney