[Tilecache] whether to use tilecache to serve tiles

Chris Whitney chris.whitney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:17:57 EST 2008

Sure, if you already have a method of pre-generating all of the tiles,
TMS is an easy way to go.

Side note:  If you already have the raster data and don't want to use
TileCache to make the tiles, GDAL2Tiles might be of use to you (http://www.klokan.cz/projects/gdal2tiles/
).  It was a Google Summer of Code Project, and should be available in
FWTools and GDAL. I will split geo-referenced raster files down into
tiles and generate the TMS metadata.

-- Chris Whitney