[Tilecache] whether to use tilecache to serve tiles

Graham Carlyle graham.carlyle at maplecroft.com
Mon Jan 28 05:36:32 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 17:17 -0800, Chris Whitney wrote:
> Sure, if you already have a method of pre-generating all of the tiles,
> TMS is an easy way to go.

Yeah, but I think it would be great if I could use tilecache for this.

Is the tilecache disk cache directory structure compliant with a TMS
url?

If not then maybe an additional disk cache implementation that did
achieve this would be useful. That way you could start out just using
tilecache with on-demand generation and then swap to serving the images
directly from the cache filesystem if you wanted to.

Graham