[Tilecache] Seeding a local WMS server that is HTTPS://

Greg Cocks gcocks at stoller.com
Thu Jun 5 21:07:07 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to set up a TileCache on a WMS server I set up locally using
MapServer.

The web server is under IIS 5.1, site is https://localhost/ internally,
Windoze OS...

When I try, in the first instance, to seed the cache at the command line
using tilecache_seed.py I get *"HTTP Error 401: Access Denied"*

(I know my seeding syntax is right, as I have used it on other external
WMS layers... and it is *trying* to start the seed...)

*Is there a way to pass the logon details in the configuration file?* I
would work out none, but then I am new to this as you guessed!    :-)

Note I tried doing the same sort of thing as a MapServer layer,
hopefully bypassing the security issues, and get "No module named
mapscript"; I remember reading about this in the setup, so am going to
try and learn some more...)

Anyway, here is/are my configuration/s for the layer/s in question:

[test1]

type=WMSLayer

layers=site_centres

url=https://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/MapServ
er/WMS/strathmore_wms.map&service=WMS&

extension=png

debug=off

[test2]

type=MapServerLayer

layers= site_centres

mapfile=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MapServer\WMS\strathmore_wms.map

extension=png

debug=off

Cheers!

----------