[Tilecache] SWF MapServer Tiles?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 13 14:15:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:06:53PM -0000, Dário Diogo wrote:
> I’ve been having some difficulties using tilecache with SWF output from a
> mapserver mapfile. So far I’ve only been able to get a bitmap image inside a
> SWF if I point the tilecache.cfg to a point layer of the mapfile. Specifying
> any other layer returns an error.
>

> My question is: Is it possible to get tiles from SWF output from Mapserver
> using tilecache? How can I do this?

Nope. TileCache is hardcoded to ask for image tiles. It would take a bit
of work to get it to work, but it's not undoable: specifically, one
would want to change some of the format() calls to not use hardcoded
"image/" as a prefix. Is it important to you? (Do you want to throw
money at the problem?)