[Tilecache] SWF MapServer Tiles?

Dario Diogo dario.diogo at estradasdeportugal.pt
Fri Mar 14 07:21:07 EDT 2008

Thnks for the quick reply...

Personally I can't make any financial decisions for my department,
but we were impressed with the software and would definitely like
to use it (and support it on our website.)

I took your advice and investigated the format() calls in the code
and so far what I came up with is that if I specify the mime-type
in the configuration file (which I'm already doing), it supersedes
the hardcoding of 'image/' (please correct me if this is wrong.)
But anyway, this alone probably isn't enough. In our map
configuration (using OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE) Mapserver generates
N + 1 SWFs for each request. N being the number of active layers,
and the +1 bit, a master SWF that contains only a map object with
data on the map extent and its layers (i.e. the other SWFs).
Possibly, this isn't too hard to implement, only I never used
python before so I'm reluctant to start it off on my own. But if you
point the way, maybe we can get something done, if you're interested.