[Tilecache] Setting up a TMS Server

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue May 13 02:01:31 EDT 2008

> I am not sure but I believe the structure is different.

What structure?  WMS and TMS are two different URL syntaxes for
specifying what tile you want.  TileCache handles both.

>I am trying to set it up through OpenLayers using Tilecache but so
far no luck.  I tried
> the ImageLayer and used a TMS style request/layer in OpenLayers (like you
> suggested) and get this error:
>
> An error occurred: No module named PIL.Image

ImageLayer needs the Python Imaging Library.  If you're on Unix, look
for "python-imaging" in your favourite package repository.  Otherwise,
get it here:

    http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

</F>