[Tilecache] How to use TileCache as a TMS-server?

crinolium wengerter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:57:50 EST 2008

Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "Because the tiles aren't there". If you
> copy the URL of a pink tile
> (http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/TroubleshootingTips#Pinktiles), what
> does the error message say?

Thanks for the answers.

I don't get an error message. But I only get the message.

<Services>
<TileMapService version="1.0.0"
href="http://localhost/tilecache-2.04/tilecache.cgi//1.0.0/"/>
</Services>

OK, to clarify:
what I've done:
I've used TileCache to cache a WMS. With the first request of a tile, the
tile will be saved in the cache. From the second tile on I save a lot of
time, because the tiles are loaded from the cache and the WMS-server hasn't
to generate the tiles first.
This TileCache I can request with a WMS-layer or with a TileCache-layer.

what I want to do:
Now, I want to use the TileCache as a TMS-server and I don't know how to do
this. I think, the difference between a TileCache-layer and a TMS-layer is
only the manner of storage. TileCache-tiles are stored like this:
http://localhost/tilecache/tk/00/000/000/001/000/000/003.jpeg and TMS-tiles
are stored like that:
http://localhost/tilecache-2.04/tilecache.cgi?????1.0.0/tk/0/0/3.jpg
How can I switch TileCache between those two formats? What I have to do to
use TileCache with a TMS-layer?