[Tilecache] Huge dateline gap

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 18 19:17:49 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:07:19PM -0800, Roger André wrote:
> It's been pointed out that I didn't include a great deal of information
> about my setup.  I doubt it will matter much, but here goes:
>
> I am using TileCache to read a large (14400x7200) raster with global
> extents.  The raster projection is in lat/lon WGS84.  TileCache is set to
> read this data via a MapServerLayer layer type, with settings that match the
> example in the out-of-the-box tilecache.cfg (metaTile=true, metaSize=5,5,
> metaBuffer=10).

set metaBuffer:0,10 and you may see your edge defects disappear to some
extent.

Probably something like this is the problem:

11:55 < FrankW> The problem is that GDAL transforms the destination area
back to the source coordinate system by sampling a grid of points over
the region.
11:55 < FrankW> But points right on the international date line might
transform two different ways.
11:55 < FrankW> so the region selector is missing the last swath of
data.

In GDAL-land, you can use:

11:42 < FrankW> klokan:  Try adding "-wo SOURCE_EXTRA=120" to your
gdalwarp commandline without the quotes

But I don't know how to use that through MapServer.