[Tilecache] embed tilecache

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Sep 7 09:23:32 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 03:03:33PM +0200, Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to embed the tilecache mod_python module directly into a django
> app, but I can't figure out how to do it further than the import thing ;-)

What are you trying to do? Putting something inside Django is completely
different than running it under mod_python from the point of TileCache;
it means you need to write another server handler. In general, I would
not put TileCache inside mod_python.

> Next, once it will be embedded, I'd like to populate tilecache.cfg
> programmatically, from django publishing actions.

Okay, so you don't want to put it directly into Django, you want to
write out a config file from Django?

> That part is not the most difficult, be I think I would need te
> restart apache to have used no ?

Not anymore. the mod_python handler reads the config file timestamp, and
reinits the config if the file time is newer. (This addition was
funded/added to support a project with Harvard's CGA group.)