[Tilecache] Layer selection problem with tilecache and mapserver

Varun saraf vsaraf.gmu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:59:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

In mapserver, if I specify a layer as DEFAULT, it is always printed no
matter what. If I want to draw only specific layers from a mapfile, I
have to set them to ON and then specify the layer in the cgi request.
This works fine when I run my program directly using mapserver.
However, when I put tilecache in place and use that to call the
layers, it does not draw anything. Can someone please tell me how i
can configure tilecache so that I can request specific layers from
mapserver (or any other wms server) and not all the mapfile layers.
Here is my CFG file.

[tract-layer]
type=WMS
url=http://127.0.0.1:8123/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../drawMap.map&transparent=true
layers=USA
spherical_mercator=true
srs=EPSG:4326
extension=png

I have 4 layers in my mapfile one of which is "USA". I just want the
USA layer to be drawn. Is this formatting correct?

Thanks,
Varun