[Tilecache] tilecache_seed.py error reporting?

Tom MacWright macwright at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:44:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been using tilecache_seed.py a bit and noticed that it doesn't reveal
the same exceptions that the web interface does, so I've written a patch for
Client.py which will expose them via OptionParser. It's a very simple
change. Also, I wrote just another warning that avoids an ugly Python error
when no layer is given, and just gives a reminder. The patch is at
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/68059/tilecache_seed_exceptions.diff

Check it out and let me know about any improvements. It's not huge, but I
think it might provide a useful change to the tool.

Tom MacWright
- developmentseed.org