[Tilecache] Symbol image transparency problem

Jez Walters jez.walters at ipl.com
Tue Aug 3 10:35:37 EDT 2010

Hello TileCachers,

OK, this is now officially doing my head in!

I'm trying to display UK Ordnance Survey MasterMap vector maps using
OpenLayers, TileCache and MapServer.  The maps display perfectly when I use
just MapServer (
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5368622/MapServer.jpg
MapServer.jpg  ), but when I add OpenLayers & TileCache to the mix, the
various symbol images are no longer transparent (
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5368622/OpenLayersTileCacheMapServer.jpg
OpenLayersTileCacheMapServer.jpg  ).

I don't have that much experience of either OpenLayers or TileCache, so any
help would be most appreciated!

Jez