[Tilecache] TileCache Seed - Zoom Level

Smith, Richard C. RICHARD.C.SMITH at saic.com
Tue Jun 22 16:46:48 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

Perhaps someone has a solution out there.

When seeding in TileCache 2.10, all works well, except I cannot find a
way to specify seeding a single level, using 'zoom start' and 'zoom end'
arguments.

Perhaps there is another way, but below are three attempts to seed level
4, as an example:

1)       Specifying adjacent zoom levels for zoom start and zoom end,
such as 4 5, seeds level 4 and level 5,

2)       Specifying the same zoom level for zoom start and zoom end,
such as 4 4, no levels are seeded, and

3)       Specifying a single zoom level, such as 4, that is no second
argument, seeds level 1 through level 4.

I do not see the logic in the 'zoom end' argument. Any reply or patch
workaround is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick