[Tilecache] TileCache Seed - Zoom Level

Shawn Oatley shawn at niagarafalls.ca
Wed Jun 23 08:37:30 EDT 2010

Hi Rick,

When I use TC like your example 1, it works for me by seeding level 4
but not 5.  If I wanted to see 4 and 5, I would specify 4 6 and it would
get 4 and 5 but not 6.

Shawn

>>> On 6/22/2010 at 4:46 PM, "Smith, Richard C."
<RICHARD.C.SMITH at saic.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Perhaps someone has a solution out there.

When seeding in TileCache 2.10, all works well, except I cannot find a
way to specify seeding a single level, using *zoom start* and *zoom end*
arguments.

Perhaps there is another way, but below are three attempts to seed
level 4, as an example:

1)       Specifying adjacent zoom levels for zoom start and zoom end,
such as 4 5, seeds level 4 and level 5,
2)       Specifying the same zoom level for zoom start and zoom end,
such as 4 4, no levels are seeded, and
3)       Specifying a single zoom level, such as 4, that is no second
argument, seeds level 1 through level 4.

I do not see the logic in the *zoom end* argument. Any reply or patch
workaround is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick