[Tilecache] DiskCache through multiple disks

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon Jan 16 09:33:24 EST 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:18 AM, ext Jorge Arévalo wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Pedro Miguel  Mendes
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone give me a scenario where one could set up multiple disks to store
>> the tiles in a distributed way? All the disks are in machines in the same
>> infrastructure.
>>

> What about a distributed TMS/WMTS service? Using a Cloud infrastructure.

... What? How is that related to the question he's asking? :p

Pedro: I don't have any suggestions on storing tiles across multiple machines.
One of the things I Know people have done before is given multiple machines
different DNS names, and then used deterministic round-robin (like the tile
generation in OpenLayers) -- then, each server only gets some of the requests
(where 'some' is the number of servers you have in the round robin).

-- Chris