[Ubuntu] Mapserver build without fribidi support

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 8 06:54:36 EDT 2009

Hi

The only reason why MapServer in Debian/Ubuntu is not compiled with fribidi
support is that this feature is not much used. Only a few users need it.
However, it is very easy to recompile the deb package with fribidi support.

Here's a example how to recompile a debian package:
 1- apt-get install devscripts build-essential
 2- apt-get source mapserver
 3- apt-get build-dep mapserver (this will install all build dependencies
needed)
 4- cd mapserver-5.4.2
 5 - Add the configure option in debian/rules file, and the fribidi dev
package in debian/control (see the Build-Depends section)
 6- debuild -us -uc
 7- cd ..
 8- dpkg -i cgi-mapserver_5.4.2-1_i386.deb

Alan

--
Alan Boudreault
Mapgears