[Ubuntu] Mapserver build without fribidi support

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Thu Oct 8 08:01:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 06:54:36AM -0400, Alan Boudreault wrote:
> The only reason why MapServer in Debian/Ubuntu is not compiled with fribidi
> support is that this feature is not much used. Only a few users need it.
> However, it is very easy to recompile the deb package with fribidi support.

Of course I can compile it myself but isn't it kind of the point of these
packages that people don't have to? Maybe the fribidi stuff isn't used
much because its that bit harder to use. Unless the fribidi stuff introduces
instabilities or makes everything much slower, I suggest to include in
the normal build.

Jochen