[Ubuntu] Inclusion of OSGeo MapGuide and FDO projects on UbuntuGIS

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 1 21:45:43 EDT 2010

On 04/01/2010 05:56 PM, Trevor Wekel wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have been working on Ubuntu 9.10 packaging for the upcoming releases of MapGuide Open Source 2.2 and FDO 3.5.  Our user community would like to see the packaging efforts rolled into an Ubuntu repository.  UbuntuGIS seems to be the right place for MapGuide and FDO.
>
> How do we get started?
>

> Regards,
>
> Trevor Wekel

Trevor,

Get yourself a Launchpad account, setup your key for signing, and a
personal ppa for testing. Try uploading your packages to your ppa so
they can be tested. Once you feel the package building and uploading is
going well we can copy those packages to UbuntuGIS and discuss adding
you to the group so future packages can be directly uploaded to
UbuntuGIS by you.

Thanks,
Alex