[Ubuntu] Inclusion of OSGeo MapGuide and FDO projects on UbuntuGIS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 16:21:54 EDT 2010

Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 04/01/2010 05:56 PM, Trevor Wekel wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have been working on Ubuntu 9.10 packaging for the upcoming releases of MapGuide Open Source 2.2 and FDO 3.5.  Our user community would like to see the packaging efforts rolled into an Ubuntu repository.  UbuntuGIS seems to be the right place for MapGuide and FDO.
>>
>> How do we get started?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Trevor Wekel
>>

> Trevor,
>
> Get yourself a Launchpad account, setup your key for signing, and a
> personal ppa for testing. Try uploading your packages to your ppa so
> they can be tested. Once you feel the package building and uploading is
> going well we can copy those packages to UbuntuGIS and discuss adding
> you to the group so future packages can be directly uploaded to
> UbuntuGIS by you.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Trevor,
I suspect that you may find it more beneficial to initially target
debiangis, as packages from debiangis get rolled into ubuntugis (but not
the other way around).

I'm hoping Hamish (CC) will be able to explain the pros and cons of
debiangis vs ubuntugis better than me.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager