[Ubuntu] About QGIS 1.3.0 installation in Jaunty and newer versions of ubuntu

vega_l at yahoo.com vega_l at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 01:21:54 EDT 2010

Dear list

Good day, I believe you're aware of the Arramagong live CD, a complete system working in Xubuntu with a lot of open source GIS software.

I tried to follow the installation scripts to install the same software in Ubuntu Jaunty 64bits and I had a difficulty involving a dependency version problem while trying to install QGIS 1.3.0 ("Mimas").

Ultimately, I could do it, but I got problems with the libqt4-sql-psql package. It depends on libqtcore4 version 4.5.0 (default for Jaunty) and I had installed the 4.5.1 on my system, so I had to uninstall every other program that was depending on the new version in order to downgrade it, and one of them was precisely VirtualBox.

I've been checking the versions of libqtcore4 for Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04 and these are 4.5.2 and 4.6.2 respectively.

Question... will the last version of QGIS 1.3.0 work in the newer versions of Ubuntu? 9.10 and 10.04?? Dear list

Good day, I believe you're aware of the Arramagong live CD, a complete
system working in Xubuntu with a lot of open source GIS software.

I tried to follow the installation scripts to install the same software
in Ubuntu Jaunty 64bits and I had a difficulty involving a dependency
version problem while trying to install QGIS 1.3.0 ("Mimas").

Ultimately, I could do it, but I got problems with the libqt4-sql-psql
package. It depends on libqtcore4 version 4.5.0 (default for Jaunty)
and I had installed the 4.5.1 on my system, so I had to uninstall every
other program that was depending on the new version in order to
downgrade it, and one of them was precisely VirtualBox.

I've been checking the versions of libqtcore4 for Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04 and these are 4.5.2 and 4.6.2 respectively.

Question... will the last version of QGIS 1.3.0 work in the newer versions of Ubuntu? 9.10 and 10.04?? Maybe I should stay on Jaunty...

Thank you for your time!

Luis Alberto Vega.