[Ubuntu] Building GRASS for 10.10 on Launchpad

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 06:35:33 EDT 2010

Timmie:
> I set set up the following build recipe for GRASS:
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~grass/+recipe/grass6-devel
>
> The requested build failed. A log could be found here:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/56712633/buildlog_ubuntu-maverick-i386.grass_6.4.0%2B0ubuntu0%2B20971~maverick1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
>
> Could you please help me to understand why the build
> failed?

--->8---
dpatch  deapply-all
swig not applied to ./ .
instdir not applied to ./ .
xterm not applied to ./ .
pager not applied to ./ .
www-browser not applied to ./ .
htmlgen-fakeroot not applied to ./ .
rm -rf patch-stamp patch-stampT debian/patched
 debian/rules build
test -d debian/patched || install -d debian/patched
dpatch  apply-all
applying patch htmlgen-fakeroot to ./ ... ok.
applying patch www-browser to ./ ... ok.
applying patch pager to ./ ... ok.
applying patch xterm to ./ ... ok.
applying patch instdir to ./ ... ok.
applying patch swig to ./ ... failed.
make: *** [patch-stamp] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
Build finished at 20100929-0338
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
Purging chroot-autobuild/build/buildd/grass-6.4.0+0ubuntu0+20971~maverick1
---8<---

the swig patch failed to apply because swig has recently been removed from
the source code (in favour of ctypes).

I suggest you wait a few days for Frankie to post the new changes in the
debian alioth svn package rules repo. (if he hasn't already done so)

or just delete the swig patch from the master patch list in the
debian/patches/ dir.

Hamish