[Ubuntu] ECW CRS definition

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:33:33 EDT 2011

Have you tried specifying the output format? gdal_translate will
create geotiff by default. Perhaps that is causing the problem: qgis
thinks it is reading a ecw file, where in reality it's a geotiff

So
gdal_translate in.ecw out.tif -a_srs EPSG:3078
or
gdal_translate in.ecw out.ecw -a_srs EPSG:3078 -of ECW