[Ubuntu] Issues of installing GDAL on Ubuntu Lucid

Xin Xi xxi at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 14 12:37:48 EDT 2011

Hello,
I installed GDAL utilities and the recent version library (from ubuntuGIS in
launchpad) on my ubuntu lucid. When I tried to use gdal_merge.py on geotiff
files, the following error occurred. I guess it should be installation
problems. I have the python-gdal installed. Please help me out.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gdal_merge.py", line 32, in <module>
    import gdal
ImportError: No module named gdal

Regards,

--
*Xin Xi
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences