[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS Upgrade

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 17 13:56:08 EDT 2011

I believe that 1.8.3 is in Stable(Under Karmic), Pirmin mentioned that
the deb for Karmic also works up until at least Lucid (I installed them
on my Lucid the other day and just had to EXPORT a path var to get it
working).

Really depends on Pirmin and Massimo to bring the packaging back up to
date. In the meantime if you want to get a more recent version OSGeo
Live has a script you could try to build from source with:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_ossim.sh

That said what about R(raster package, etc.), SAGA, Orfeo Toolbox,
Opticks, or SPRING, (I'll assume you've exhausted what GRASS can do.)

Thanks,
Alex