[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS Upgrade

Manuel Grizonnet manuel.grizonnet at gmail.com
Wed May 18 03:28:04 EDT 2011

Hi,

concerning the Orfeo ToolBox (available as well in the last version of OSGeo
Live), we recently work on packaging the library for Ubuntu.  Since the last
release, the library and associated projects are available on 9.10,
10.4,10.10 and 11.4 through a ppa : https://launchpad.net/~otb

Stable version of OTB is also available using the UbuntuGIS repository :
https://launchpad.net/~otb/+archive/orfeotoolbox-stable-ubuntugis<https://launchpad.net/%7Eotb/+archive/orfeotoolbox-stable-ubuntugis>

Moreover, internally the Orfeo ToolBox uses the last release of ossim (in
fact the source of ossim is integrated in the Utilities of the lib). So in
the packaging of OTB, there are perhap's materials to initiate the work for
OSSIM.

We'll be really interested to be able to help you improve the integration of
new GIS tools available in Ubuntu. And really interested if it can be
possible to make available the stable version of the Orfeo Toolbox in
UbuntuGIS.

Thanks,

Manuel

Manuel