[Ubuntu] Google Summer of Code Satus

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 29 06:51:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:19:08AM -0400, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
> Georaster and OCI packages would be a really great addition to
> UbuntuGIS. It would be really nice if you could upload them to
> UbuntuGIS or just send them to me and I'll take care of it.

Just a question:  Is there any connection also to Debian GIS team[1]?  I
lived under the impression that it might make sense to work together but
questions previous hints to work inside Debian were basically ignored.
I'm just asking this question seriously because if this might not be the
case I would start personally in checking with Debian GIS team how we
could adopt from UbuntuGIS (which seems to be top down to me - but better
than no connection at all).

Thanks for enlightening

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis