[Ubuntu] Adding GeoNode to UbuntuGIS

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 16 11:24:47 PDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 12:23 PM, Ariel Nunez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been working on packages for the upcoming GeoNode 2.0 [1] and in the
> process created a few packages that may be useful to others doing
> geospatial web applications in python (including django-geoexplorer,
> gsconfig - a python client library for geoserver's rest config,
> python-django 1.5 and others).
>
> What would be the process to suggest those packages[2] for inclusion in
> ubuntugis unstable?
>
> Best,
> Ariel.
>
> [1] http://geonode.org
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~geonode/+archive/unstable

You just did. Someone should probably check over the packages, do you
have a complete list of the ones you want us to use? Are any of them
built on dependencies that might have newer version in ubuntugis and if
so did you build against ubuntugis (I presume unstable).

Once that's worked out it's just a copy command to pull them over.
Perhaps Jerome can check this, since it's less work for him than hunting
down those packages and building himself?

Thanks,
Alex