[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS State

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 02:08:04 PDT 2013

Hi Julien,

I too had this problem. I updated to quantal by manually changing
libtiff4-dev to libtiff5-dev in control and debuild + dput again.

UbuntuGIS stable is for those packages of release version. ossim 1.8.16 is
the current stable release and hence the packages came to ubuntuGIS stable
PPA directly

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Julien Malik <julien.malik at c-s.fr> wrote:

> Hi Jérôme,
>
> You have updated libgeotiff package to 1.4.0.
> It has the libtiff4-dev dependency whatever the distro, while on quantal
> and raring, there is a libtiff5-dev package (support for BigTIFF), and the
> official universe package (1.3.0) already depends on this more up-to-date
> libtiff package.
> Is it intended ?
>
> The ossim package has problems building on quantal because of this.
>
> Thanks,
> Julien
>

> On 07/19/2013 03:44 PM, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> As most of you know, this summer with the help of Google Summer of Code
>> I've been updating and fixing packages in UbuntuGIS.
>>
>> Currently, everything in Lucid, Precise, Quantal and Raring should be
>> updated and working so Unstable should be more "stable". There have been a
>> lot of changes in the last updates. Libgdal1 changed named and is now
>> Libgdal1h to fix a conflict with Geotiff, the version have been added to
>> the postgis packages (postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.0) and a new packages has
>> been added for all the scripts (postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.0-**scripts)
>> and for SHP2PGSL gui, postgis-gui. The libgdal-ecw-src package has been
>> updated to be able to compile the ECW plugin for GDAL using the brand new
>> ECW 5.0 SDK and it should still work with 3.3. Other than that QGIS in
>> Precise and Raring lost the Globe Plugin because of a Osgearth update. The
>> other packages have simply been updated without change on how they work.
>>
>> At this point in my project I'm looking for new packages to be added to
>> UbuntuGIS. We're already looking to add GeoNode and I've heard that
>> Geotools would be a nice addition to the repository. If there are any other
>> packages you would like to see added please propose them in the mailing
>> list.
>>

>> As always do not hesitate to send a mail on the mailing list or create a
>> ticket on http://trac.osgeo.org/**ubuntugis<http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis>
>> .
>>
>> Jérôme

Regards,