[Ubuntu] Adding GeoNode to UbuntuGIS

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jul 22 07:44:56 PDT 2013

Dear Ariel,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 08:57:51AM -0500, Ariel Nunez wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your offer, I will read up on SoB, in particular how to
> submit patches to their official VCS. (is this one for any chance?
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/blends.git;a=summary ).

Well, currently the tasks for Debian GIS are in SVN (for historic
reasons - it can be moved to Git once there is agreement which can most
possibly very easily reached, thought).  You can easily find the
location via

$ apt-cache showsrc debian-gis | grep -i vcs
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/blends/projects/gis/trunk/
Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/blends/projects/gis/trunk/

beacuse it is also the location of the debian-gis metapackages.  Perhaps
it might make sense to sneak quickly into the general Blends
documentation[1] because this topic seems to be widely unknown
(unfortunately).

If it might simplify things I'd happily apply patches.

> Once I
> am ready I will email you off-list and announce here after (if/when) they
> have made it to Debian.

Fine.

Kind regards

       Andreas.