[Ubuntu] QGIS and saga [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Sun Nov 10 20:31:03 PST 2013

Hello,

_Environment_

Ubuntu: 12.04.03

UbuntuGIS Repository: Unstable

qgis: 2.0.1-Dufour

saga: 2.0.8

Is anyone using qgis and saga?

I'm having a look at this combination as potentially part of a geoprocessing workflow.

When I try and view a (saga) command through qgis geoprocessing toolbox I get the following error:

"Missing dependency.This algorithm cannot be run :-(
This algorithm requires SAGA to be run.Unfortunately, it seems that SAGA is not installed in your system, or it is not correctly configured to be used from QGIS
Click here to know more about how to install and configure SAGA to be used with QGIS"

The specific algorithm was 'Contour lines from grid'.

Saga 2.0.8 had already been installed with the command:

aptitude install saga

Any pointers appreciated.

Bruce