[Ubuntu] Question on testing QGIS 2.5

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Oct 9 15:28:51 PDT 2014

I saw the note on testing 2.5

I added the lines to my sources.list file as provided on qgis.org:

deb     http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly trusty main
deb-src http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly trusty main
deb     http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu trusty main

Received the following on apt-get update
W: GPG error: http://qgis.org trusty InRelease: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
030561BEDD45F6C3
W: Duplicate sources.list entry
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu/
trusty/main amd64 Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ppa.launchpad.net_ubuntugis_ubuntugis-unstable_ubuntu_dists_trusty_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu/
trusty/main i386 Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ppa.launchpad.net_ubuntugis_ubuntugis-unstable_ubuntu_dists_trusty_main_binary-i386_Packages)

I know it's something easy that I'm missing - I'm just drawing a blank
currently.  I'm pretty sure the  the last line (ppa) is most likely
duplicating an existing ppa ..... I should probably remove
ubuntugis-unstable or comment them out before adding the above three
lines.....but......

Anyway - any thoughts, angst, etc.

Thanks

Randy