[Ubuntu] GMT: strange compilation problem on trusty

sebastic sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 16 05:29:53 PDT 2015

On 2015-07-16 14:17, sebastic wrote:
> On 2015-07-16 14:02, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> But now I get a problem compiling some of the documentation when
>> compiling on i386.
>>
>> Anyone a clue what could be wrong/what can be done to fix this?
>
> Not without a build log to see what is failing exactly. The builds for
> Debian unstable succeed on all architectures.

I've found the buildlog in your PPA [1], it show that building the PDF
documentation for GMT_Doc fails:

  pdflatex -interaction=batchmode 'GMT_Docs.tex'
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013/Debian)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  make[6]: *** [GMT_Docs.pdf] Error 1

For Debian we don't rebuild the documentation on i386 [2] because it's
Arch:all, ideally the PPA builds would do the same.

I'll see if I can reproduce it in an i386 pbuilder chroot.

[1]
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/211250935/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-i386.gmt_5.1.2%2Bdfsg1-1~exp6~trusty3_BUILDING.txt.gz
[2]
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gmt&arch=i386&ver=5.1.2%2Bdfsg1-1~exp8&stamp=1436543973