[Ubuntu] How to fix the unmet dependencies for grass-gui ?

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:41:12 PDT 2015

Hi Luis

I had the same trouble. What I did to fix it was, under Synaptic:

1. Uninstall completly QGIS and GRASS, and all related packets (Don't
worry, pluggins and configuration won't be deleted, they are at your home
directory).

2. Delete the Ubuntugis repository (In Synaptic, Spanish menu:
Configuracion --> Respositorios --> Otro software)

3. Add the Stable Repository: Go to the QGIS download page and follow the
instructions. For Ubuntu 14.04 we need to add:

deb     http://qgis.org/debian trusty main
deb-src http://qgis.org/debian trusty main

4. Reload software origins.

5. Install QGIS, GRASS and their packets. All must be working fine again,
with GRASS 6.4

Best whishes from Perú

Carlos Cerdán