[Ubuntu] Packaging osm2pgsql releases

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:58:30 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Since it seems no one from Debian GIS nor UbuntuGIS is willing or able
> to maintain osm2pgsql releases for Ubuntu, I'd like to offer my help to
> Paul with maintaining osm2psql packaging for Ubuntu if he agrees to
> maintain the packaging as part of the Debian GIS team (i.e. using the
> git repository on Alioth for the source package) to prevent yet another
> standalone packaging effort that doesn't benefit the wider community and
> is actively harmful by ignoring the existence of the official packages
> in Debian & Ubuntu.

Thanks Bas,

I was actually thinking about the same thing: using debian git as the
source for the ubuntu packages. I probably was not clear enough.
After FOSS4G Belgium next week I'll have some more time to do updates
for UbuntuGIS.

Kind Regards,
Johan