[Ubuntu] Packaging osm2pgsql releases

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:40:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> With the possible exception of nightly dev builds, I don't want to package
> osm2pgsql, but I will if no one else does.
I'm willing to guide you through the process if needed.

It may well be that just cloning the repository from debian
(debcheckout osm2pgsql) branching (create a branch ubuntugis/trusty),
andupdating the changelog may be enough.

> I didn't initially consider UbuntuGIS because the PPA seems inactive, with 1
> package uploaded this year.
Check the "unstable" repo, which receives more updates:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable