[Ubuntu] Introduction and introductory question

ircwaves ircwaves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 06:46:42 PDT 2015

Hi Jürgen,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 21. Oct 2015 at 16:04:35 -0400, ircwaves wrote:
>> Question first: Why is the UbuntuGIS qgis package using the dpkg
>> version epoch at the moment?
>
> Because the version numbering of the builds changed so that it works when you
> upgrade from a distribution.

I see, so it is a form of insistence that apt use the ubuntugis
package over the ubuntu packages.  Thanks makes sense.

>> Empirically seeing that the fix wasn't there in the version on
>> UbuntuGIS, I grabbed the source, build the debs, tested that the fix
>> worked, and added a local repo sources.list.d.
>
> We have ubuntugis based repositories for both the LTR and the latest release at
> qgis.org([0]).  The version in ubuntugis itself is replaced by this since the
> introduction of LTR as it could only have either version.

OK.  I see, so the move is to have both the ubuntugis repository and
the qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr repository.  Sounds like that should take
care of it.

Thanks for the information,
Ian

--