[Ubuntu] Moving packages from Unstable to Stable (Trusty)

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 24 06:11:41 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-24 14:46, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Some time has passed since the GDAL 2 transition for Unstable. Things
> seem to have settled.
> Do you think that it is a good idea to move those tested packages to
> the stable repository?

The eoxserver package for trusty hasn't been rebuilt with GDAL 2.x yet.
This is the last bad package in the transition tracker:

http://linuxminded.nl/tmp/pkg-grass-transitions/ubuntugis-unstable/trusty/html/gdal.html

There is no eoxserver package for xenial.

> Or should we leave production setups to jump to GDAL 2.x and MapServer
> 7.x when they move to Xenial?

I don't have a strong opinion either way, copying the packages to
ubuntugis-testing first and asking for people using ubuntugis-stable to
test those packages is probably a good idea.

Kind Regards,

Bas