[Ubuntu] Moving packages from Unstable to Stable (Trusty)

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:04:45 PDT 2016

Hi Bas,

Thanks for the reminder, eoxserver package re-built now. The Xenial
package (0.4.0) is part of the OSGeo-Live 10.0 release ppa, which we can
now consider pushing to Unstable.

Regarding pushing packages to Testing: we can try that, but we will
probably get more feedback from Unstable at this point, since it is more
popular.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/24/2016 04:11 PM, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> On 2016-10-24 14:46, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Some time has passed since the GDAL 2 transition for Unstable. Things
>> seem to have settled.
>> Do you think that it is a good idea to move those tested packages to
>> the stable repository?
>
> The eoxserver package for trusty hasn't been rebuilt with GDAL 2.x
> yet. This is the last bad package in the transition tracker:
>

> http://linuxminded.nl/tmp/pkg-grass-transitions/ubuntugis-unstable/trusty/html/gdal.html
>

> There is no eoxserver package for xenial.
>
>> Or should we leave production setups to jump to GDAL 2.x and MapServer
>> 7.x when they move to Xenial?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion either way, copying the packages to
> ubuntugis-testing first and asking for people using ubuntugis-stable
> to test those packages is probably a good idea.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member