[Ubuntu] ubuntugis-experimental PPA (Was: [GRASS-dev] ubuntu gis policy)

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 19 02:08:46 PDT 2016

On 09/16/2016 07:30 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 09/16/2016 06:59 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> +1 to renaming testing to experimental.
>>
>> On 09/16/2016 04:23 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>>> I'm in favor of removing testing and adding "experimental" instead.
>>>
>>> This is closer to the actual way we use the ppa.
>
> Since the three active administrators of the UbuntuGIS PPAs agree this
> is the way to go I've acted upon this consensus.
>
> Because PPA URLs cannot be renamed, only the display name changed, I've
> created a new ubuntugis-experimental PPA. A dependency on
> ubuntugis-unstable has been added to mirror how experimental is an
> overlay of unstable in Debian. And the dependency has been removed from
> the ubuntugis-testing PPA.
>
> All existing binary packages from the testing PPA have been copied to
> the experimental PPA, and removed from the testing PPA. Because the size
> of the new PPA is the default 2 GB which is exceeded by the packages
> from the testing PPA, I've requested it to be increased to 8 GB to match
> the other PPAs:
>
>  https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/397503

I just received the following:

"
 Your question #397503 on Launchpad itself changed:
 https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/397503

 William Grant proposed the following answer:
 Done.
"

The package totals for ubuntugis-experimental look good now:

 Number of packages:

  89 source packages (564.2 MiB)
  837 binary packages (2.1 GiB)

 Repository size: