[Ubuntu] ubuntugis-experimental PPA (Was: [GRASS-dev] ubuntu gis policy)

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 16 10:30:39 PDT 2016

On 09/16/2016 06:59 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> +1 to renaming testing to experimental.
>
> On 09/16/2016 04:23 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> I'm in favor of removing testing and adding "experimental" instead.
>>
>> This is closer to the actual way we use the ppa.

Since the three active administrators of the UbuntuGIS PPAs agree this
is the way to go I've acted upon this consensus.

Because PPA URLs cannot be renamed, only the display name changed, I've
created a new ubuntugis-experimental PPA. A dependency on
ubuntugis-unstable has been added to mirror how experimental is an
overlay of unstable in Debian. And the dependency has been removed from
the ubuntugis-testing PPA.

All existing binary packages from the testing PPA have been copied to
the experimental PPA, and removed from the testing PPA. Because the size
of the new PPA is the default 2 GB which is exceeded by the packages
from the testing PPA, I've requested it to be increased to 8 GB to match
the other PPAs:

 https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/397503

Kind Regards,

Bas