[Ubuntu] ​Alioth.debian.org and gdal-grass package

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 16 09:31:45 PDT 2017

On 08/16/2017 06:21 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
> I wonder whether gdal-grass git repo [1] is currently used for
> managing UbuntuGIS packages. Eg. ubuntu/xenial branch contains GDAL
> driver version 2.1.0, while Unstable PPA offers 2.2.1 (Stable 2.1.3) The builds I did for UbuntuGIS use the git repository, those provided
by Angelos don't.

He really needs to start maintaining the packaging for OSGeo-Live and
UbuntuGIS in the pkg-grass git repo as well, but changing ones way of
working is a slow process.

By not using the git repositories there is no peer-review of the
packaging and issues like the recent qgis issue happen and are not
caught sooner. Nor are the tools able to easy the backporting work by
keep track of changes for backports.

> I also wonder how to manage more PPAs (UbuntuGIS stable and unstable)
> in one git branch. For example currently gdal-grass package in Stable
> is 2.1.3 while in Unstable 2.2.1. Is there any policy for that? BTW,
> currently I am using grass git repo [2] for managing Unstable PPA.
> Should I use similar approach for gdal-grass repo?

There should a branch for each distribution (trusty, xenial, etc), these
packages should be uploaded to the unstable or experimental PPA, and
copied from there to the other PPAs once its ready.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1