[Ubuntu] MapServer Python MapScript and Wheels/Ubuntu Packages

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 00:22:19 PDT 2018

Thanks for the reply.
By "use of wheels" I meant is it possible they can be used as the source of all files required for the installation e.g. the binaries would go to /lib and the examples and tests to /share.

I can see how builds for every version of Python3 would be a pain.
Looking at the shapely package at https://packages.ubuntu.com/en/bionic/python3-shapely - it contains binaries for just Python 3.6. Would limiting the Python version be possible on a repository such as ubuntugis-unstable?

Apologies if the questions are fairly basic, but Linux distributions are new to me. Would https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide be the best place to start reading? I'll also give manylinux another try.

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk